Monday, September 13, 2010

Hovercraft Racing

A few days ago, I was browsing one of my favorite blog sites, Jalopnik.com when I ran across this...
Hover Craft Racer 

http://jalopnik.com/5634810/hovercraft-racing-the-loudest-motorsport-you-didnt-know-about
This is something i never really thought about before!  To be honest, I kind of forgot about hovercrafts!  I love racing, so i just had to watch the video they had on the page.  Oh man does that look like some fun!  No other vehicle can transition from land to water that fast.  As soon as I saw this, I looked into where I could go and witness one of these action packed events.  Unfortunately, Hovercraft Races in the United States are very rare.  They are pretty much non-existent on the west coast.  This sport is very popular in England however and there are races all the time.
      With some more research, I was able to find that there are several different classes of hovercrafts.  Everything from "Formula 1" class which consisted of the fastest, most powerful hovercrafts to an "Entry Level" class with much smaller vehicles with less power.  This class is open to kinds over the age for 11 so some can start racing at a very young age!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so cool! I want to do that. I don't want to race though. I use them like bumper cars. That would probably be more fun, but of course it's more dangerous -___-

    ReplyDelete