Saturday, October 2, 2010

Linkin Park - A Thousand Suns

A Thousand Suns
First of all, I am not a huge Linkin Park fan.  I have most of the studio albums and a remix album in my music library.  Knowing most of the song, I really only really like a few of the songs.  A friend gave me their new album A Thousand Suns a few days before it officially released.  I listened to a few of the songs and didn't think they were anything special.  In fact, I was surprised that it was actually Linkin Park because it really doesn't sound like them.  I really wasn't feeling it, so I listened to something else.  Later, I gave it another try, listening from start to finish with no stops.  The first few tracks really are nothing special.  Tracks 2 and 4 are under one minute long and are basically just random industrial sounds.  There are only a few songs that really stand out.  The album's hit single, The Catalyst, isn't really my cup of tea.  The song is pretty repetitive and has a pretty generic tone.  I do like some aspects of the song but its not great.  I would give the album a 5 out of 10.  The album is just too generic for me and has nothing to grab my attention.  It also doesn't sound anything like Linkin Park.  I wouldn't recommend buying it, but if you are so curious about it, I would listen to it from friends or on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment