Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rush - Caravan

Caravan/BU2B Single Album Cover

At the start of June, Canadian classic rock band Rush released two new songs on a single titled "Caravan."  The song is said to be on the album Clockwork Angles that is scheduled to be released in Spring 2011.  I heard this song on the radio today.  I know lots of songs by Rush and recognized the vocals as Geddy Lee's (the band's lead singer / bass player / keyboard player.)  At first, the change in feel between the verses and the chorus caught my attention.  After the second chorus, Geddy goes into a simply awesome bass solo that flows right into a great guitar solo by guitarist Alex Lifeson.  After I got home and listened to the song a few times I started to love it.  The B-side of this single contains the song "BU2B" standing for "brought up to believe." This cut isn't quite as good as "Caravan" but is still likable.  If any of you like rock, I would strongly suggest giving this track a listen.  I will be waiting anxiously for Clockwork Angles to come out in the spring and hope that it has equally great tracks.  Click here to listen to Caravan on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment